Monday, November 12, 2012

Love

IMG_3890

For those who are in love with another, fell out of love, seeking love, or in a different state of love.

Notions of love and experiences of love are so fluid.
Some think love is like a flower but it can be a thorny bush.
Some think love is like a rainbow but it can be thundery storm.

So what exactly is love?

Holding on to the past is not love, doubting about the future is not love. Perhaps love is simply to live life fully.

I am of the nature to grow old.
There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill health.
There is no way to escape ill health.

I am of the nature to die.
There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change.
There is no way to escape being separated from them.
My actions are my only true belongings. 
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. 
My actions are the ground upon which I stand.
-- The Buddha's Five Remembrances, by Thich Nhat Hanh
 

No comments: